Saturday, July 23, 2011

Things That Have Made Me Smile This Week

1.  Realizing that God is so much greater than my human expectations.  Little Sarah, the toddler who I took to the doctor right after she was rescued only a few weeks ago, now acts as though she is queen of the bulrushes.  She escapes the clinic (where she is supposed to stay until she gains more weight) and toddles from room to room hugging on any leg she can find.  How fast she has become accustomed to the Bulrushes! 

2.  The fact that from Texas all the way to Africa, so many babies will do this immediately after you take him or her out of a swaddle.  It makes me laugh every time.  Look familiar Averitt family? 

3.  Watching these boys (the premie twins shown in the last post) get bigger and bigger every day.  They’re already growing so fast!

4.  The idea that I can look at a baby girl who comes in as tiny as 3 pounds and have full confidence in her tremendous future.  

5.  Really, how does this not make you smile?!


Sadly, I don’t have time to do a full update...but I couldn’t help but put up a few new pictures.  Thank you all so much for your prayers and encouraging emails; they have made my time in Uganda that much sweeter!  I will have a full and sadly final update ready in a few days!    

P.S. While I wish that I took such beautiful photos, most of the more artsy photos that I have posted were taken by sweet Beth.  I’m trying to convince her to minor in photography…she’s amazing!

1 comment:

  1. I love the post swaddle pose!!! Hilarious. We miss you! Can't wait to hear more in person.

    ReplyDelete